Friday, February 26, 2010

America the Beautiful



It sure isn’t easy being an American! (Especially if you are one of the few and proud who worked for President George W. Bush) Although we are the biggest, best and most prosperous country in the world, most everyone else can’t stand us. While I’ve been in Australia, I’ve tried to be the best ambassador possible for our great nation. I’ve shown that we don’t all lack a basic knowledge of geography and international politics. I have also shown them that we are not all close minded ideologists who want to live in the dark ages. Unfortunately, there are still those who choose to believe that the United States is the “great Evil.”


I’ve made some unsavory commentary on my blog about people from other countries. Obviously, I love satire, and pretty much everything I’ve written in meant to be humorous. I realize that others may not interpret my words in the way in which I intended. If I have offended, I am sorry. If I made you laugh, I’m glad. I’m not one to beat around the bush and I always tell people that we shouldn’t take life to seriously because we all end up dead.


I will continue to believe that America is the bastion of hope for so many in this world, and that it remains the best. No non-American will make me feel differently. I love my country, but I also love this experience afforded to me. From now on, I’ll keep my blog a-political (unless, of course, I see something on Drudge that I cannot resist commenting on).


God Bless America, and here’s hoping I can still find a job after 4 years at UT and a lifetime of being outspoken!

2 comments:

  1. God Bless America, love it or leave it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless America! It's tough being an American when you're out of the states! But I'm trusting that you'll be a fine ambassador, Ni-les! Fun-loving, congenial, and patriotic at the same time! Keep the posts coming! Love you! AN

    ReplyDelete