Thursday, February 18, 2010

Picture Perfect Problems

First off, I would like to apologize for my diatribe against Canadians. I still think they are abnoxious, but I had been drinking a few "adult" beverages and have realized that cursing is terribly inappropriate, especially when you are trying to make a valid point. Sorry to everyone, that I stooped to the level of a Canadian.

Second, I know you are all looking forward to seeing pictures. Well, Australia is not America, and there are a few reasons why I have not uploaded any photos (other than the ones outside my apartment). First, I have been busy/partying so photos have taken a back seat. Second, Internet in Australia does not equal Internet in America. In the U.S., you pay $40 per month and do whatever the hell you want. Here, you pay $40 per month and get to do 3GB (gigabytes) worth of surfing. Those of you who are computer people know what I mean. For those of you who aren't, it means I can do e-mail, Facebook, and Drudge (aka. a video will max me out for the month). If I want another GB I have to pay $10.

Unfortunately, the 3G limit applies to uploads as well. At first I thought I could bypass this by going to the Uni (they call university here Uni) and uploading all I want on their servers. As it turns out, they have daily limits. So, unfortunately, I won't be able to post hundreds of photos (until I get to the end of the month and max out my usage).

This means, please don't send me e-mails with attachments, photos or video. I'm sure I'd love to see them, but I need to be able to get online so Mom and Dad know I haven't perished in a boxing match with a kangaroo.

In other news.... I am going on the Hinterland Bus Trip tomorrow which takes us to Kondalilla Falls. It is about a 2 hour walk through the Australian rain forest and at they end (they claim) you see the most beautiful waterfall on Earth. The picture of that will go up. The tour organizer also told me that I could go swimming. I said FTS (f*** that s***). Australia has crocs, 7 of the 10 most poisonous animals, and all kinds of other shit. I'm not swimming anywhere unless it is a pool with a fence around it that is small enough to get out of in a hurry.

I talked to Mom today and told her of all my exotic adventures. My biggest one being to the shopping mall in Mooloolaba. Moolooolaba is the closest "city" to Sippy Downs (where I'm living) and it actually has a great mall. The best part about it is the grocery store. I know, when I first got there and saw it I was like WTF, they have a grocery store in a mall?? But I'm not complaining because you can take a bus there, and when the closest one before that is a 20 minute walk, psh, unless they are selling Bud Light for $10 a case I ain't goin!

Well, I think that's long enough for today. I'm still having a great time and still haven't been bitten by any exotic animals/insects. At least, not yet. If you think you've seen a spider, think again. There is a fucking HUGE spider that lives on my patio. It's at least 4 inches long and has a huge stinger (I guess that's what you call it?). Then, today, some big hairy-ass spider came int he apartment because one of my friends didn't shut the door all the way. I wanted to kill it but the Aussie's said it didn't deserve to die. I decided to use her favorite cup to pick it up and throw it out - hahaha. Anyways, there are no bugs in the U.S., no in the U.S. I'd call them specks. Here the bugs are the size of small children. Enough rambling.

Cheers! (as they say down under)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Ni-les! And I will watch it on the forewards so you can save your GB's!!!I'm going to look up that waterfall and bugs down under right now! AN

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's yellow and black... I have no idea what it's called.

    ReplyDelete