Saturday, February 13, 2010

Finally Made It

Well, after the scare of whether or not I would make it out of DC, I have finally made it to the Sunshine Coast. I got in around 7:35pm on Friday which would have been around 2:35am eastern standard. There is a 15+ hour time difference, so most of the day I'll be in a totally different date from you.


My first flight from DC to LAX was fine. I spent the night in LA. Then...... came the neverending voyage. It was 20 hours from LAX to Singapore with a stop in Narita (Tokyo) on the way to re-fuel. I took some pics of the Singapore airport, probably the best in the world, and definitely the best I've ever been to.



(Yes, they had Mrs. Fields, and they were everywhere.)











After spending about 7 hours in the Singapore airport, which was desolate because it was from the hours 2am-9am, I bid adieu to Asia and got on the plane for Brisbane. Another 8 hours later I landed, and the stewardess announced it was Friday, February 12th. Needless to say, I was thouroughly confused. I had left LAX on Wednesday, then landed in Australia Friday. Whatever, I was there. Then I got into my apartment at 10pm. Of course the office was closed and the lights were all out. I remembered that I saw no hotels on my way in and I had no intention of dragging 4 bags to one anyway. I had no mode of communication. Then I saw the night-manager's room, knocked, and he showed me to my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment